I have officially filed as a Democratic candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives representing District 7. I am running because I believe that the 7th district needs someone with the right experience and right relationships to expand on the legislative legacy of the Honorable Parren J. Mitchell and Elijah J. Cummings. I have developed and maintained strong working relationships with leaders in the city, county, state, and federal governments – relationships that will help me deliver results from day 1.
My years of legislative experience uniquely positions me to effectively serve as your next Congressman and deliver the results we need. I currently serve as Majority Whip for the Maryland House of Delegates. As the 3rd highest ranking member of the House of Delegates, I work with leaders on both sides of the aisle, to improve the lives of citizens across the state.
I’ved worked on Capitol Hill serving as Special Assistant to Congressman Parren J. Mitchell handling policy that deal with some of the most pressing issues. Since then, I have applied and expounded on many of the lessons that Congressman Mitchell prepared me to serve as Vice Chair of the House Appropriations Committee, Vice Chair of the Maryland Democratic Party and Chairman of the Maryland Black Caucus.
I have spent my career working on initiatives to build new schools, end gun violence, fix our crumbling infrastructure, and spur economic development. If elected I intend amplifying the efforts of my predecessor in ensuring better access to disaster relief funds, pushing for infrastructure improvements, improving access to clean water, better storm water management, more funding to address the Opioid epidemic, and greater protections for federal employees.
With your help, we can move mountains!
Make a donation
- I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
- I am at least eighteen years old.
- This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- I am making this contribution with my own personal credit or debit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
- I am not a federal contractor.